6.23.10- Brian Wheeler, the executive director of Charlottesville Tomorrow, gives Coy the latest news on growth and development in the community. Today’s topics include the latest dredging news and what will happen with the re-zoning of Albemarle Place.
2008 was another big year for growth and development stories in our community, according to Brian Wheeler of Charlottesville Tomorrow. For the third year in a row, he listed the top ten stories on WINA’s “Charlottesville–Right Now!” with Coy Barefoot. Visit Charlottesville Tomorrow to see the full list.
Brian Wheeler, Executive Director of Charlottesville Tomorrow, joined Coy Barefoot for one last time in 2008 to talk about the latest in growth and development news. This week on the show:
- Brian explains how Charlottesville Tomorrow is all about informing the public about the decisions made by local government regarding infrastructure. Charlottesville Tomorrow is also in the midst of its first ever annual campaign
- Brian and Coy discuss family Christmas gifts, including the arrival of the Kindle into the Wheeler household
- The County Planning Commission recently got a history of Albemarle County’s Comprehensive Plan. Charlottesville Tomorrow made a slideshow of the presentation from David Benish, Chief Planner for Albemarle County
- VDOT is conducting a study of the 219 miles that US Route 29 travels from the North Carolina border to Gainesville. Charlottesville Tomorrow recorded the MPO Policy Board meeting which featured a presentation from VDOT and the Parsons Transportation Group of Virginia.
- VDOT is also changing its secondary street standards to require more connectivity. Daniel Nairn wrote the story for Charlottesville Tomorrow.
Next week, Brian and Coy will discuss the top ten growth and development stories of 2008.