Brian Wheeler is the Executive Director of Charlottesville Tomorrow, a non-partisan organization that covers growth and development issues in our community. He appears on Tuesdays on Coy Barefoot’s program.
On the October 7, 2008 edition of the show:
- In praise of Netflix, which Brian recently began using
- Will there be a second Pie Day? Brian also reports that Charlottesville Tomorrow’s photographs from the first one are now visible in Google Earth.
- Brian comments on Bill Crutchfield’s second letter calling for a fresh look at the community water supply plan (The Hook)
- Recently, the RWSA approved the creation of a panel of dam experts to determine how to proceed with the new dam at Ragged Mountain Reservoir, now that cost estimates are approaching $100 million. (Charlottesville Tomorrow)
- Site plan work for Albemarle Place is proceeding under a new development. Additional sewer capacity is needed for the development to be built. Will Edens & Avant pay their fair share?
- The Eastern Connector study has been put on hold. In part, the City and County have different views of what the purpose of the road would be. (Charlottesville Tomorrow)
- One reason the Eastern Connector is on hold (but not the only one) is a lack of funding. The City and County are discussing the possibilities of creating a Regional Transit Authority which would also have the power to raise money for road projects. (Charlottesville Tomorrow)