The Mayor of Charlottesville, Dave Norris, joins Coy Barefoot to discuss the latest developments in the community water supply debate.
Goats, water, pedestrian safety, and Sundays in the park: the latest in Charlottesville from Mayor Dave Norris.
- The reconstruction of the Downtown Mall is complete, and Brian says he is impressed by the work. (C-Ville Weekly)
- City Democrats select Dave Norris and Kristin Szakos as their nominees for City Council. Incumbent Julian Taliaferro came in third. (Charlottesville Tomorrow)
- County Democrats have nominated Madison Cummings as their candidate for the Samuel Miller District. (Charlottesville Tomorrow)
- County Republicans will announce two candidates who are running for the Samuel Miller District. (Charlottesville Tomorrow)
- Supervisor Dennis Rooker is currently unopposed, but has raised over $66,000 (Virginia Public Access Project)
- Brian announces cvillepedia, Charlottesville Tomorrow’s new encyclopedia on community and local government (cvillepedia)
On Monday, January 5th 2009, Charlottesville Mayor Dave Norris joined Charlottesville Right Now to talk about City Council’s agenda for the coming year. They begin that talk by discussing their mutual discovery of Facebook and then move on to Forrest Marshall’s request to rename the Meadowcreek Parkway after John Warner. Norris is a staunch opponent of the road and says it would be disingenuous to weigh in on what it should be called. Coy and Norris then move on to having a philosophical discussion of affordable housing, workforce development and the City’s upcoming budget cycle. Norris said that the City will not need to raise its property taxes this year.