Albemarle County Executive Bob Tucker joined Coy Barefoot on Thursday to discuss his proposed $293.8 million budget for the fiscal year that begins on July 1, 2010. Lower revenues have translated into a budget that is 3.4% less than the current year. A public hearing on the budget will be held on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 in Lane Auditorium beginning at 6:00 PM.
Albemarle County Supervisor Dennis Rooker joins Coy Barefoot to talk about U.Va baseball, the county’s budget for next year, the importance of the school system, and the ramifications of adjusting the composite index to obtain more money for the schools. Will city-county cooperation be affected? Find out what Rooker’s thoughts are in this podcast.
On Monday, January 5th 2009, Charlottesville Mayor Dave Norris joined Charlottesville Right Now to talk about City Council’s agenda for the coming year. They begin that talk by discussing their mutual discovery of Facebook and then move on to Forrest Marshall’s request to rename the Meadowcreek Parkway after John Warner. Norris is a staunch opponent of the road and says it would be disingenuous to weigh in on what it should be called. Coy and Norris then move on to having a philosophical discussion of affordable housing, workforce development and the City’s upcoming budget cycle. Norris said that the City will not need to raise its property taxes this year.
This week on the show:
- Charlottesville City Council takes six minutes to adopt budget for FY2009
- Albemarle County Board of Supervisors takes several hours to adopt budget for FY2009
- An update on Albemarle County’s new computer system
- City School Board to vote on donating 9 acres of land for Meadowcreek Parkway
- County Planning Commission recommends denial of new residential development near Clifton Inn
- County Board of Supervisors denies rezoning along Route 250 near I-64
- North Charlottesville Business Council to host heads of Danville and Lynchburg Chambers of Commerce to discuss western bypass