Virginia’s 5th District candidate Leslie Cockburn.
Hosts Jeff Lenert and Bob McAdams talk with Democratic candidate Leslie Cockburn about her run for Virginia’s 5th district. Topics include:
- Making voting more accessible to all Americans.
- Income disparity in America.
- Institutional racism.
- Prison reform.
- Gun control reform.
- Checking the President’s authority to declare war.
- Healthcare as a right.
- Protecting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
- Medicare for all.
- The power of collective bargaining.
- Student aid and debt.
- Renewable energy.
- Returning to the Paris Accord.
- The Atlantic coast pipeline and the Union Hill compressor station.
- Treating immigrants with respect.
- Infrastructure repair in America.
- Bringing Internet broadband to all of the 5th district.
- Protecting the rights of women.
- Financial reform and the national debt.
- Restoring public trust in government.
- Campaign finance reform.
- Protecting the first amendment and the free press.
- Respecting the Constitution of the United States of America.
- The impeachment process.
- Removing the door on the congressional office.
- How to volunteer with the Cockburn campaign.
A 94.7 WPVC the special presentation.