Brian Wheeler, Executive Director of Charlottesville Tomorrow joined Charlottesville Right Now for his weekly visit to discuss growth and development issues. This week on the show:
- Construction is moving ahead with the County’s portion of the Meadowcreek Parkway. However, the City’s portion still faces a lawsuit from citizens who don’t want it to be built. There’s a meeting next week to determine if the City’s portion has sufficiently addressed the impacts on historic and cultural resources that will be affected. Namely, McIntire Park.
- The County Board of Supervisors have heard the results of an efficiency study that looked at how Albemarle County manages its internal operations. The study called for a new economic development policy that would attract businesses in order to obtain new revenues. Story at Charlottesville Tomorrow.
- There’s an update on the next Charlottesville Tomorrow Pie Day
- The City and County budgets will be revealed this week. The County’s first public hearing on the budget is Wednesday, February 25. The City’s first public hearing will be on Monday, March 16.
- City Council elections are heating up. Charlottesville Tomorrow has video of Kristin Szakos official announcement for the Democratic nomination.