Brian Wheeler of Charlottesville Tomorrow joins Coy Barefoot every Tuesday on WINA’s “Charlottesville–Right Now!” to talk about the latest in growth and development issues in Albemarle County and Charlottesville. This week on the show:
- Brian recently took a tour of the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir with the South Fork Stewardship Task Force. Click through to the Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center for a 21-minute slideshow.
- Albemarle County Service Authority prepares to build new North Fork Pump Station – but how much capacity is needed?
- One scenario for future development involves adoption of a TDR program
- Could a pedestrian bridge be built over the Rivanna River to help people commute on foot or on bike to jobs in Pantops? Transportation activist Randy Salzman thinks so.
- Developers seek permission for 102-unit residential complex between Free Bridge Lane and Route 20 (Charlottesville Tomorrow story forthcoming)
- BAR finalizes size for bricks to be used in $7.5 million downtown mall renovation