- Northtown Center approved – Phase I of the Northtown shopping center will contain a bank and other retail. Enright described his job as“really trying to align what the client needs, with what they’re allowed to do, with what the residents are going to be impacted by.”
- Dredging – DDR has proposed that an active quarry 3,000 feet from the reservoir be used as the disposal site for dirt removed from the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir. Enright admits that his company has a financial stake in that piece of land, but argues that this shouldn’t prevent citizens and government from looking at the merits of the proposal. Enright estimates the approximate cost of removing the 2 million cubic yards of dirt currently in the reservoir to be between $24-29 million dollars.
(links are to stories on Charlottesville Tomorrow)
Philander D. Chase has spent 35 years in George Washington’s world — and he’s not done yet. “Being a documentary editor is a life, not a career,” Chase said.
Chase, 65, recently retired as senior editor of the Papers of George Washington, housed at the University of Virginia’s Alderman Library. Chase said he will miss the “research, writing, collaboration and interacting with the public…
For more information about the show or to see the full text, visit the Oscar Show’s blog.
- Which ACC football coaches are on the hot seat?;
- Duke football admits it stinks;
- Patrick needs vacation advice;
- Is Carolina baseball a failure?;
- Rank your school’s sports in order of importance;
- Two former ACC players are on the U.S. Olympic team;